4.5

Surgical staff, residents,interns were very nice. Post surgery department staff very pleasant and skilled.

Although during my time as patient there. The staff was not very efficient when needed. Sometimes I would wait 25- 40 minutes before someone would come to assist me when called. These were not serious issues but ones that made me feel uncomfortable and concerned about.

The nurses and PCAs are terrific. But they are either seriously understaffed or there were just too many patients on the floor. It could even be the flu had stricken many of the staff. The hospital itself is a maze.

One feels like a rodent trying to find his way out of this facility. It is so confusing to get around. The building is so widespread in all directions. I bet Geo Cache's would have difficulty here.

And don't bother going to the cafeteria. it is so outdated and the food offering is minimal to say the least. It is very unappealing to say the least. I was excited when I went outside and found a pizza shop across the street.

I can't recall the last time I got so excited about having a tasteful, delicious hot pizza. I feel sorry for the staff and employees who eat at the cafeteria. Do yourself a favor and bring your own. But use their microwave to heat up your meal.

The theater style popcorn machine is a good bet and deal. Their salad bar is decent too.

My over all review of U-Mass Memorial. Knock it down and start over.

Product or Service Mentioned: Umass Memorial Medical Center Facility.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments